WeChat is a mobile text and voice messaging communication service. It was created by Tecent in China and launched on January 21, 2011. It is the largest messaging apps by monthly active users and the portal is available on Android, Windows phone, iPhone, Blackberry, and Symbian devices. it has over 300 million users in China with 70 million users outside of China.
This portal provides text messaging, voice messaging, broadcast messaging, and sharing of photos and video to other users and location sharing. It can also exchange contacts with other users. WeChat users have the ability to do anything on WeChat like play games, send cash to other users, make video calls, order food, read the new, and so much more.
Users can post text-based updates, upload up to 10 images as well as sharing video and articles. This portal is just like your Facebook timeline or Twitter feed but it’s quite different from others. On this portal, your contact list will not be visible to others and your update will be seen by your friends who are verified to you.
- Video call: WeChat allows users to make face to face video call by “f” and click on “video call” icon under the chat. It is just like dialing your contact on your mobile device.
- Moments: It enables a user to share photos and video not only with their friends but with everyone. These posts are then automatically updated to your circle of friends. So enjoy the moment.
- Group chat: With wechat, you can open your own group chat by clicking on “start chat” and can also choose other people you want on it. But only allow 40 members at maximum in a group.
- Shaking: This is the most amazing part of this portal by shaking you will be able to find friends around the world. And also see those who are shaking their phones at that time no matter where they are.
- M-Commerce: This portal allows for a mobile transaction through TenPay (a rendition of PayPal). It allows brands to create m-commerce stores or send cash to other users. You can even purchase products from vending machines by WeChat on your mobile device.
- Look round: If a user doesn’t want to use shake because he or she feels uncomfortable talking to other people. He or she can just select look around under the social tab to see other users who are nearby.
- Social networking: This portal provides social networking features as well as it allows you to use your connect WeChat account to your Facebook profile.
Is WeChat Free?
The answer is yes. WeChat is free to download, sign up, use, and the majority of its features are free. Users can send photos, messages, and make video or voice call just for free but as long as you have a connection to the internet. It also has a very simple layout and is easy to use. It gives users many ways to communicate, including instant messaging, voice recording, voice calls, and video call, all with no limitation on usage.
It also enables you to save you lots of money on messaging, particularly on the off chance (traveling) or visiting other countries. Instead of getting a temporary phone plan, you can message your friends and family with Wechat.
WeChat App | How to Download and Install WeChat
WeChat app is a messaging and calling app that enables users to easily connect with friends and family. It’s the all in one communications app for text, video and voice calls, moments, games and photo sharing. All you need is to download and install the application on your mobile store be it android, windows or iPhone. Follow the steps given below on how to download and install WeChat on your mobile device.
- Open your playstore (Android) or app store (Apple) by tapping the icon on your screen.
- Click on the search bar and type “WeChat” app and then tap the search icon.
- You will see a list of what you searched for. When you see “WeChat” with is logo beside it. Tap on it.
- Tap install icon.
- Wait for the app to download and install, then click on the open button to launch the app.
WeChat Sign Up | Create an Account
Signing up on WeChat is very easy, simple, and free. One thing users ought to note is that this portal make use of mobile number and this makes it very easy to verify you by the number. So you have to put your mobile number on other for you to get started. So follow the steps given below in other to sign up.
- Firstly, download and install the app on your mobile device.
- Run the app and you will see “Log in” and “sign up” icon at the bottom of the page. Tap on “sign up” icon.
- Enter your name, select your country/region, phone number and password to secure your account.
- Click on sign up icon.
- Click on the “Accept” button at the bottom right-hand side of the page
- A verification message will be sent to the number you put down. You have to finish the verification process in other to activate your account.
- So your account will be created, so you can start sending messages and sharing files to other users.
Find your friends more easily, search and add friends directly via WeChat ID or mobile number. Start a free chat anytime and anywhere. You can also use wechat on your pc just enter www.wechat.com