Alibaba is a Chinese multinational online platform that enables manufacturers and wholesalers to connect in China. It enables users to buy products for their business to use or to resell them to people. You can likewise sign up to be a supplier on this portal by using it as a selling platform for yourself.
This platform provides consumer-to-consumer, business- to- consumer, and business- to- business sales through the web portal. As well as electronic payment services, shopping search engines, and cloud computing service. It’s quite different from other e-commerce platform and also popular.
It focuses more on trade because the business consists of products being sold in bulk by the supplier at a wholesale price. Then resell it to people for a profit in the market. Items that are purchased require you to buy a minimum number of them at once. But some items are allowed to buy only a few of at a time.
It was established by Jack Ma and Peng Lei. Founded on 4 April 1999. Which it is leading platform for global wholesale trade that serves millions of buyers and supplier around the world. And they have over 66,421 employees working with them. So if you’re looking for where to buy goods in bulk or becoming a seller, Alibaba is the best place for you to do all that.
Alibaba Product | Categories
This portal brings hundreds of millions of products in over 40 different major categories. The product of Alibaba will be listed below.
- Electronic, Bags, Shoes & Accessories, Health & Beauty, Machinery, Industrial part &Tools, Home, Lights & Construction, Apparel & Textiles, Gift, Sports & Toys, Electrical Equipment, components & Telecoms, and so much more.
- E-commerce, Online auction hosting, online money transfer, and Mobile Commerce.
Alibaba Account | Create an Account on Alibaba.com
- Launch your web browser.
- Enter alibaba.com inside your url bar.
- You will see the Sign In | Join Free on the right-hand side of the homepage.
- Click on Join Free Icon.
- Enter your Email address inside the box.
- Then slide to Verified. Verification will be shown to you. Enter it
- Then click Next
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address.
- Click on Go Check Email it will direct you to your email.
- You will have to click on the button above which says Complete or click on the link.
- It will redirect you to a page.
- You will fill in the form given to you.
- After doing that, click on Submit Icon.
Your account has been successfully created. Creating an account this portal is very easy, simple and free. So if you don’t have you need to open one today.
Alibaba Sign in | Log In Into Your Account
To Sign in on Alibaba means you are a registered member. Follow the steps given below in other to Log into your account.
- Enter alibabab.com inside your web browser url.
- Click on Sign in on the right side of the homepage.
- Enter your Email address or member ID and password.
- Click on Sign in icon.
You can also sign with your Facebook, Google, Linked In, and Twitter Account.
Sell on Alibaba | How to Sell on Alibaba.com
You can become a great seller by selling your goods or products to other people and companies who are using Alibaba. It’s very easy and simple to do that. Follow the step given below
- You’ll have to register on the seller portal by entering seller.alibaba.com
- Once you’re now a member of Alibaba. Then you’ll start listing the product that you wish to sell for sale on Alibaba.
- Make sure your all your product has complete details, proper categorization, clear picture of the product, and so much more.
- Then you’ll have to look for buyers and other users that you will communicate with, send a message to them. You can also install the TradeManager App to enable users to chat with you frequently.
With these steps, you can start selling on this portal for free.
This portal isn’t just a single site, they also own some site under them and they have a different function.
- Alipay (For online payments).
- Aliyun App Store (Mobile app).
- Taobao (Consumer to consumer e-commerce).
- Tmall (Business to consumer e-commerce).
- Aliyun (Cloud Services).