Getting Verified on Instagram by getting that coveted blue tick which is known as the “Verified Badge”. This means Instagram has confirmed that an account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity or a brand it represents.
This is something everyone on Instagram would love to have on their profile. Getting Verified on Instagram on your profile might be what you want to achieve but the truth there is it isn’t easy to get verified on Instagram.
And Instagram is known to have one of the difficult verification programs, the processing isn’t that easy. The amazing thing is anyone can easily request a verified badge but it does not mean you will get your approval so easy like that. So we would be showing you on how to apply for verification and tips on how to increase your chances of getting verified on Instagram.
What Users need to know to be Verified by Instagram?
Instagram look at the number of factors when assessing Instagram account to determine if they’re in the public interest and also if they meet their verification criteria.
But you will have to follow Instagram’s terms of service and community guidelines. So follow the tips below for you to get verified.
- Authentic: Your Instagram account must represent who you are the real you. Which is a real person, brands, or registered business.
- Unique: Instagram only one account per account, business, or brand for it to be verified with exceptions for language-specific. And your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents.
- Complete: Your Instagram account must be public, have a bio, profile photo, and at least one post. Users must not contain “add me” links to other social media services.
- Lastly, your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. And don’t consider paid or promotional content as sources of reviews.
Note: if you provide false or misleading information during the verification process. They will remove your verified badge or delete your account.
How to Apply for a Verified Badge on your Profile | Getting Verified on Instagram
For users to apply for a verified badge, you must be a celebrity, public figure, or brand. Follow the steps give below in other for you to apply.
- Launch your Instagram app and make sure you’re logged in to the account you’re requesting a verified badge for.
- Go to your profile and click setting on the right side of the page.
- Scroll down and click on Request Verification.
- Enter your account name, full name, and a photo of your ID either you’re a person, or a legal or business ID. If your account is a business account.
- Then click on Send.
when you send your application, it will be reviewed and you’ll be notified whether your request is approved or denied. And submitting a request doesn’t guarantee that your account will be verified. If your request is denied you can submit a new request after 30 days. there are other ways to let people know you’re authentic by linking your Instagram account to other social media like Facebook, YouTube or Twitter account.
Note: Instagram can decide to remove your verified badge at any time. If you’re caught advertise, transfer, or selling your verified badge. Using your profile picture, bio or name to promote other services.