IGTV (short word for “Instagram TV”) is a single vertical video application owned by Instagram itself. It was launched and introduced by Kevin Systrom (Instagram former CEO) on June 20, 2018. IGTV enables users to upload videos up to 10 to 60 minutes in length. Video capabilities have been available on Instagram but they were limited to a maximum of 30 seconds. But with this portal, you can upload more than that.
The beautiful thing I like about this app is when you upload the video it won’t disappear after 24hours. And videos are uploaded in full screen and vertical format. And every IGTV channel is linked to a corresponding Instagram which means all your Instagram followers can view your IGTV channel. It’s available on the app and website.
And it requires users to log in with their account which allows uploads of 10 minutes in length with a file size of up to 650MB. But with a verified and popular account, they are allowed to upload videos of up to 60 minutes in a length with a file size of up to 5.4 GB. It automatically plays as it is launched.
Features of IGTV | Why Users Need to use IGTV
- It allows users to watch videos from creators you follow and other you might like.
- You can like or comment on videos.
- Users can likewise send the videos to their friends direct.
- Browser other videos or you search for a specific’s channel as you watch them.
- You can also follow any creators right from IGTV to see more of who they are on Instagram.
How to use it Instagram TV
Once you have your Instagram installed on your mobile device and you are logged in, accessing IGTV is very easy and simple.
All you just need is to launch your Instagram app and locate the orange colored TV icon in the top right-hand corner of the page. Click on it, and then it will take you to where you’ll be able to view videos from people you follow and also celebrities, popular creators, and so much more.
Users can also download the app itself where you can automatically play videos when the app opens.
How to create Account on IGTV
For users to start sharing videos on this portal he/she needs to create an account on Instagram TV. Follow the steps given below for you to this
- Go to your app store to download and install the app into your mobile device.
- By searching for the IGTV app on your app store.
- Once the app is installed on your device. Click on it.
- Sign up to the IGTV app but if you’re already logged in to your Instagram account it will automatically use your profile.
- Click on the setting icon at the right-hand corner.
- Click “Create Channel”.
- Then your account is created. Quick and easy.
How to upload videos on Instagram TV
- Click on Instagram TV icon in the top right of the feed.
- Tap on “+” at the right-hand corner to add a video.
- Select a vertical video from your camera roll.
- Add a title or description.
- You can also link your video to other social media.
- Tap post to upload the video.
You can upload your video through the web or the app. Upload as much as you can.