Snapchat is a social media mobile app that allows users to take videos, photos, and also send text massage to their friends. With this app users can take a picture or video and add editing effects which is called filters before uploading them. Photos and video taken with the app are called Snaps.
One of the main concepts of this portal is that videos and pictures posted by the user are only available for a short time before they become unreachable. And it’s mostly used by younger people in school and university has at now it’s mostly used among older adults as well in a way to privately share messages and pictures with their love ones.
This awesome app was created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown. It was launched in September 2011 and is available for both Google Android and Apple iOS devices. Then they later changed the name to Snap Inc September 2016. It’s available in 20 languages and has 166 million daily active users.
With Snapchat you can always save the snaps and stories you want to hold onto. Just add them to memories with a tap. The capacity to re-share these archived stories and snaps is the main benefits of snapchat memories. Users can always save a story from memories, you can save an entire story or just a single snap from it.
You can also send some of your old snaps to your friends, add them to your story, delete them from memories, or export them to your camera Roll. You can likewise edit old snaps from memories before share them. This app memories enable you to search by just type in something like “January” or “beach” to help you find the snap you’re looking for.
Snapchat stories are a fun way to keep up with friends. Each story is a gathering of snaps that a friend has posted to their story over the last 24 hours. Each snap appears for 24 hours and the user’s friends can view the story as many times as they want before it is no longer available. Users can also check out stories from other famous celebrity, organizations, and companies.
Snapchat Download || How to Install Snapchat App
- Launch your App store on your Android or Apple device.
- Then click on search box. Type snapchat and click the logo when it appears.
- Click install button to start downloading the app.
- Tap Accept to allow snapchat access your camera and other features of your device the app needs to function.
- Tap open button to launch Snapchat.
You see how easy and fast it’s in other for you to download and install snapchat on your device. Now you’ve installed the app on your device. Have look on the next steps on “How to create an Account”.
How to Create an Account on Snapchat || Snapchat Sign Up
For users to start using snapchat you need to create an account which is free, you don’t need to pay any fee and it won’t much of your time doing these. Follow the steps given below
- Firstly, download and install the app on your mobile device.
- Then you will see a page login and sign up. Click on sign up
- Enter your email address inside the first box.
- And enter your password (to secure the account) and your date of birth. Hit the sign up icon to process.
- Now enter your username. Use a username that can be easily be identified by your contacts.
- Tap continue to proceed to the next step.
- Select your country and enter your phone number.
- Prove that you’re human by selecting the correct image and tap
How to Add Friends on Snapchat – Add Snapchat Contacts
This portal won’t be fun unless you have friends to snap to and to receive snaps from them. Without these friends nobody will view your awesome video or people. So you need to add your friends so that you app can be more fun. But there are different ways to find or add friends:
- Search for someone’s username.
- Find users near your current location who are also looking for friends.
- Or invite people from your address book.
- Scan someone’s “snapcode”.
You can use any of these to find friend but follow the steps given the below.
- Firstly tap on snapchat on your mobile device.
- Tap on the ghost icon on top of the screen.
- Click on Add friends icon.
- Then a page will pop up on how to add friends either by username, my contact, snapcode, nearby and share username.
Choose any of the method to add friends to your snapchat.