Soundcloud is an online network that is used for the distribution of audio/music which users can discover, stream, and also share a continually mix of music from upcoming and well-known artist around the world. This portal is the world’s largest audio streaming platform with over 150 million tracks. It enables you to find the next big artists together with chart-topping albums, live sets, and mixes of every occasion.
It was established in Berlin by Alexander Ljung and Eric Wahlfross in August 2007. Originally as a platform for musicians to share their music on it. It has over 175 million monthly visitors and audio being upload by artists every day.
Registered users can listen to unlimited audio and may upload up to 180 minutes of audio to their profile at no cost at all. Also, allow users to post a comment on any track, users can create playlists, like, repost, share, and follow another user. This portal is available on PC (website) and Mobile device (App).
Users who use Soundcloud
And they are two types of types of users who use Soundcloud, those who want to listen to music and those who want to promote their music they are called Contributors and Listeners.
Users who listen to music on this portal can share the audio over other social media network. They can also comment on what they listen to and also like it. They can share the music over Soundcloud by reposting it to their profile.
Contributors on Soundcloud are those ones that post their music on Soundcloud for listeners to listen to the audio. They provide a link for listeners to buy or download the music and also publish updates on their other social media accounts whenever they post new music on Soundcloud.
Is Soundcloud Free | Soundcloud Plan
This portal is free for everyone who listens to music and also share music. You can also upload and promote your music with free options but it has a limit on the amount of music that can be uploaded. So instead of doing it free, you can just do the paid subscription plans of Soundcloud. The subscription plans are
- Soundcloud Pro
With this subscription users can 1,000 downloads per track uploaded to their account. You can also pay for a monthly or yearly subscription. It also increases the number of music users can upload. Control whether comments or public statistics on your song are visible or not. It also gives the user access to change the file for a song without having to delete it. So this plan costs $6 per month and $55 per year. They offer 30 days trial if you just sign up for the first time.
- Soundcloud Pro Unlimited
Pro Unlimited cost $15 per month and $135 per year. With Pro Unlimited user can track how often his/her song has been by other users from particular cities. And you can also know how often your songs have been played. Your songs will be downloaded unlimited number of times by other users. So you can choose any subscription plan you want.
- Soundcloud Go
With Soundcloud Go, you can access 135+ million tracks and the ability to hear your track anywhere with offline on your mobile device. No ads for an uninterrupted experience. The wonderful part of this plan is that it supports artists. By a percentage of all revenue from Soundcloud Go is paid to creators on the platform. 30 days free.
Soundcloud Mobile App
The application brings users lists of latest music uploaded to the portal. They bring music personalized to your taste (like the kind of music you listen to) on a daily basis. With the app, the more you use Soundcloud the more suggestion in the upload will become even more perfected to tastes. This application is available on any mobile device.
All just need to do is to download and install the application on your mobile device. Be it Android, iOS, and Window device.
Create an Account on Soundcloud | Soundcloud Sign up
You don’t really need to create an account if you just want to listen to music. But if you want to upload music, like and comment, share, and create a playlist you need an account if you want to do that on this portal. Follow the steps given in other to create an account.
- Launch your web browser and soundcloud.com inside your search bar.
- Locate Create Account in the top right corner of the page.
- Click on it.
- A page will pop out which indicate you to either sign in with your Facebook or Google account. Or you just sign up with Soundcloud itself.
- Enter your email address.
- Type your password by clicking on the box labeled “choose a password”.
- Re-type your password.
- When you’re done with that, click on Create Account.
- Your account will be created. You’ll be asked to Sign in.
- Tap sign in in the top right corner of the page.
Kindly verify your email address before you start it. Log into your email account and click on the email from Soundcloud which says “Please Confirm Your Email Address”.
How to listen to Music
- Go to soundcloud.com in your web browser.
- Log in your account.
- The homepage will pop out. You can either search or browse for the music you want to listen to it.
- You can also click the drop-down beside category. Choose to browse for Trending Music or Trend audio to see the popular music or track available.
- When you see what you want to play, click the big orange button beside it to start playing.
- You can click on the track name, the user/artist to view their profile.
- When you start listening to a track, you notice that a miniature player will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Click share, repost, add to playlist, like and also comment on the music/audio if you like it.
That’s how to listen to music on this portal. Listening to music as much as you can.