Pinterest is a website and mobile application that functions as a software system which enables users to discover information. It allows users to users to save images and categorize them on different boards. Users can also follow other user’s boards if they like what they post. Pinterest is a free website which requires registration before using it.
Users can upload, save, sort and manage images which known as “pins”. And other media content via collections called “pinboards”. And these things can be found outside Pinterest and similarly uploaded to a board through the “pin it” button which can be downloaded. Users can search for whatever they are looking for by using the search bar. This portal allows users to search with images instead of words. What a wonderful website.
It is also called a visual bookmark tool that helps you remember what you save by pining it. And many of the images saved on Pinterest are clickable and open up in a new tab that takes you to the original web page where they were found. For example, you are a model and you don’t have a concept on your mind you can browse through images of a high fashion shoot for a model. Click on an image that looks good and you can do same. All you have to do is to save it by pining it so that you can access it again. This portal gives the solution to your worries.
This is an image that has been linked from a website or been uploaded on the site. When you share anything on Pinterest each bookmark is called a pin. Pins saved from other user’s board are called “repining”.
Boards are the collections of pins to a theme where you can save your pins such as weddings, photography, wildlife, travel and so much more.
You can follow users and boards fill with content, you can likewise follow and unfollow users and also boards. Follow as much as you want to get the latest update from those you are following.
How to Sign up for Pinterest | Pinterest Account
Before you can pins or create boards on Pinterest you need to create an account so you can begin using it to inspire you. And we have two accounts on Pinterest which are Personal account and business account.
If you want a personal account it won’t cause you any fee to sign up on it. Likewise, the business account which includes special promotion and analytics function is free as well. So follow the steps in other for you to create an account.
- Visit pinterest.com in your web browser.
- Then a page will pop out which indicate you to log in before you can do anything. You can create an account by using your Facebook profile or with an email address and password.
- If you have a Facebook account you can sign up with it. But if you don’t have one then you’ll have to sign with your email address.
- Enter your email address.
- Click on the box that says “Create a password” and type the password you want for your account.
- Click sign up.
- You would ask to enter your personal information. Enter your first and last name, age, and gender (female or male).
- When you’re done with that, click “Come on in”
- Choose a few interesting topics you want to follow. And you must select at least four and then click follow at the bottom.
- You would be asked to find and follow people connected with on other social media. But if you don’t want you can click on skip icon.
- You’ll be asked to confirm your email address.
You will log in again once you confirmed your email. Then boom you are ready to use Pinterest.
How to make a board on Pinterest
- Launch your web browser and type pinterest.com inside your URL bar.
- Sign into your account.
- Click the profile button at the right side of the home page.
- Tap on board then click create a board
- Click the grey box with a red + in it.
- Enter a name for your board.
- Choose whether you want your board to be publicly displayed or secret. By clicking the toggle.
- Click Create.
Your board is created you can add as much as pins you want.