Google Drive is known as file storage (File hosting service) where users can keep their photos, designs, document, drawing, videos, and so much more. It was developed by Google and it was established on April 24, 2012, and has over 1 billion users making use of it. This platform enables users to store files on their servers, synchronize files within devices and also share files.
Google Drive also includes Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, and office suite that enables the user to edit spreadsheets, document, presentations, drawings, and forms. And any file edited and created with office suite would be saved in Google Drive.
Google Drive offers users 15 GB of free storage and files uploaded can be up to 5 terabytes in size. It also enables users to purchase additional space monthly or yearly payment. Users can change privacy settings for individual files and folders which allow you to share with other users or make content public. And this portal is available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. it has a website that enables users to view their files from any internet connected PC without you downloading the app.
Google Drive Plans
Google Drive plans only affect the amount of memory storage space that you have for Google drive. So the amount of memory space in each is the total amount that you get. So they are some users that they have more file to save and 15 GB isn’t enough for them, so you can just upgrade it.
- 15 GB – free
- 100 GB – $1.99 per month ($19.99 per year with 16% discount)
- 1 TB – $9.99 per month ($99.99 per year with 17% discount)
- 2 TB – $19.99 per month
- 10 TB – $99.99 per month
- 20 TB – $199.99 per month
- 30 TB – $299.99 per month
Any storage purchases renew automatically at the end of the subscription you made. You can also upgrade the storage anytime you like. And when the subscription expires the storage limit will automatically set back to the 15 GB free.
How to Create a Google Drive Account
For users to start using this platform he/she needs to have an account. So if you have an account on Gmail, YouTube, Google map or any other Google services. Which you can actually use it to log into Google drive. But if you don’t have any follow the steps given below on how to create a new Google Drive account.
- Launch your web browser and enter drive.google.com inside your URL bar.
- Click on the Sign in Button in the top right corner of the page.
- Tap on Create an account.
- The sign-up form will appear. So you will have to enter the required information which is your first and last name, username, and password.
- Click on Next button to enter your phone number. Google will send you a verification code to the number you enter.
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone and click verify.
- The personal information page will appear. Enter all the required information needed.
- Once you are done with that. Click on next.
- So your account will be created.
- Once you’ve created your Google account, you can access Google drive by entering htt://drive.google.com in your web browser.
Users can always navigate to Google Drive from any Google services by clicking on the grid icon near the top-right corner of your screen. Then tap Drive to access it.
How to Upload Files to Google Drive
- Go to drive.google.com in your web browser or click on the grid icon at the top right corner of your web chrome.
- It will automatically log you into your account. Once you’re on your main screen for Google Drive, Tap on new in the upper-left corner. And select file upload.
- An explorer window will pop out which will allow you to search your computer for the file you want to upload. Once you’ve have seen what you want. Click it to select, and then click Open.
- So you’ll have to wait for it to download.
- Once the file has successfully uploaded. it will be shown to you.
You can upload as much as you can. You can likewise download and install the app on your mobile device. And also to download it to your PC if you don’t want to visit the website.